Monday, July 23, 2012

This has been a summer to remember

It seems like every way I turn I have a friend in a crisis. Lord- what is going on??? Talking to Deby the other day I realized that we do not give the devil enough credit for how strong he is and what he can do. Sometimes I feel like he is no big deal because so many times the bad things that happen to us are our own doings in many ways.
 In some of the things that are affecting my friends it is not that at all. There are health issues, partners not on the same page and even my gripe- the heat and drought- I think are not things we don't have any control over but it is straight from hell.
I was fortunate to sit with a friends husband on Thursday as his wife and my friend was in surgery. It was a tender and vulnerable time in his life and what an honor to hear of his fears at what was happening in their life but listening to him talk about his growing faith with what was going on.
God is Good- God is strong and God will never leave us. What a foundation to stand on.

1 comment:

  1. I pray He will convey to you how much you and our "group" mean to me. He is blessing me even more with small numbers than with big.........love you and praying for more rain!

    ReplyDelete