Friday, June 22, 2012

Today will not be a good day, or at least this morning. I am saying goodbye - a final goodbye- to a friend that I have had for over 25 years. He fought a good fight with cancer but it won. I hate that. He was only 62 and not old enough to be gone from here.
But really are we ever old enough? It seems like there is always more that we would like to do or day or experience before we go. What is even stranger "I" have no problem looking to my last day but I just don't want my friends to go before me. Pretty selfish HUH? :-)
That is why this site is so helpful.... I now see how silly I am.
So Mike - I hate that you are no longer her and in this world but I am so glad that you are in heaven -with 2 good strong legs again and a body that is worthy to be in the presences of a KING!
I await the day I join you!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think of it as silly that we hurt over those God gives us to love. Selfish? Yes, when we want them here rather than with Him. But, being human - that's how He made us. The closer we draw near to Him, the deeper we are able to love. And even if it means experiencing sorrow - I wouldn't want a life without the people I deeply love.

    So thankful you were with us Wed. and have joined blogville. In my heart and prayers - God blesses -deby

    ReplyDelete